At R Courier, we’re happy to note that Ontario continues to expand its vaccine rollout significantly. Recently, the government announced that adults over the age of 18 living in any of the high-risk postal codes would be able to book their shots through its online portal.
According to Health Minister Christine Elliott, the increase in vaccine supply was a boon for the province’s fast-tracked inoculation efforts: “Continuing to focus on getting vaccines in the arms of those most at risk will help to stop the spread of COVID-19 in these communities, protect our hospital capacity and save lives.”
People living with high-risk health conditions such as obesity, developmental disabilities, and immunosuppression are among those expected to be prioritized for inoculation. At R Courier — we hope that the country will achieve herd immunity very soon, especially with reports of thousands of new cases every day and many unfortunate deaths.
We try to do our part by offering a broad range of medical delivery services across and outside of Canada. Here are some ways we help in the fight against COVID-19:
- We have been quickly, reliably, and safely delivering COVID-19 vaccines in Ottawa and Toronto.
- We deliver Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to hospitals, clinics, and businesses to clients that need them.
- We serve Public Health Toronto, hospitals including Sunnybrook and all Scarborough hospitals with fast medical parcel services.
- We securely deliver novel coronavirus test samples to health care facilities to ensure people stay safe.
Of course, COVID-19 vaccines must be transported with extreme caution. For example, here are the recommendations from the Ministry of Health:
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine: The internal temperature of the unit should be stabilized between -80C to -60C prior to stocking the vaccine. Recommended storage temperature is -70C.
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine: The internal temperature of the unit should be stabilized at -25C to -15C prior to stocking the vaccine. Recommended storage temperature is -20C.
Whether your needs are related to COVID-19 or not, you can hire R Courier to transport your medical packages at any time. Here are a few ways you can make the most of our services:
Our ETA board is an excellent tool for our clients to save time. It’s also a first in Canada. You don’t have to call us for inquires if you don’t want to. Instead, you can log in and find all the relevant information at your fingertips, including pickup times, delivery times, and the volume of packages. You can also download reports to plan future orders. Aside from time, our ETA Board saves you money, too, as you maximize efficiency.
Here are some easy steps to follow:
- Use the ETA Board Login button located at the top of our webpage.
- Use your account number, Web ID, and password to enter to log into your account.
- If you don’t have an account, click the Register button to register your company.
- To register electronically, fill out the form or print a copy of the Fax Registration Form and send it to R Courier at 416.633.7764. For further help, please call our Account Manager at 416.633.8183.
We offer many types of services to suit your needs:
- Regular packages placed by 11:30 am are delivered before 5:00 pm.
- Rush packages placed by 1:00 pm are delivered within 3 to 4 hours, depending on pickup and delivery zones.
- Direct packages are delivered within 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on the picking up and delivery zone.
- Urgent packages are delivered in a non-stop fashion, though they are subject to service availability.
- Overnight packages placed by 4:00 pm are delivered the next day.
You can track your order and stay on top of your delivery at any hour of the day. Simply enter the order number to see all the pertinent information, including the number of bags, supplies, or boxes collected from your locations.
These are just some of the ways you can get the most out of our delivery services. Please get in touch with us through phone, fax, or email for more information. Our regular office hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm. You can also reach us on Saturday between 8:30 am and 7:00 pm.