The COVID-19 Pandemic is very infectious with an R0 (pronounced “R naught,”) rating of between 2.0 to 2.5. This is comparable to the 2.5 R0 rating of the infamous influenza pandemic of 1918, which killed anywhere from 20 million to 50 million people. COVID-19 also has a high fatality rate of between 3-4%.
To make matters worse, as many as 50 percent of people with COVID-19 aren’t aware that they have the virus. While the chances are lower, asymptomatic carriers can unknowingly infect people who are more vulnerable to the disease than them. However, those with mild symptoms can easily infect others through respiratory droplets when coughing. Here are some symptoms of a mild COVID-19 infection:
- Low-grade fever
- Slight cough
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Some trouble breathing
- Excessive mucus
Although people with mild symptoms don’t need to be hospitalized, they should remain at home, including essential workers who have been diagnosed with COVID-19. While it’s uncertain when it’s safe for someone who has recovered from COVID-19 to go back out again, it’s recommended that the patient take all precautions for at least two weeks.
Due to the nature of the virus, the best way to control it is through social distancing. These measures can help reduce the chances of transmissions. Essential workers such as those working at medical facilities or the medical couriers at R Courier take more protective measures to continue providing vital services.
Aside from the extra precautions that we’ve taken to create a safe environment, you can trust our medical parcel courier services for rush delivery because we’re experienced, equipped, trained to safely and quickly deliver potentially hazardous materials. Here are some features that set us apart from our competition:
- Variety: No shipment is too big or too small for R Courier. Whether you need to send an envelope in a small car, skids and crates in a truck, or a large container in a tractor-trailer, you can find an option with us.
- Reliability: While we pride ourselves in meeting tight deadlines we also believe in safety. We cut no corners. Our equipment is regularly maintained and in excellent operational condition. This way, we keep the roads and highways safe for everyone.
- Service Vehicle: While we take every precaution, mishaps can happen. In case a vehicle breaks down during delivery, a fully equipped service vehicle is on standby to respond to emergencies. Our goal is to meet any eventuality and minimize downtime.
- Training: Not only is our staff trained to handle sensitive deliveries, but they dress appropriately and communicate professionally and politely when dealing with you or your clients.
- Technology: We use cutting edge technology to reduce the margin of error as much as possible. Our drivers are equipped with radio and digital communication devices to stay on top of deliveries. They also carry digital print outs of each order to improve accuracy. Likewise, R Courier is fully equipped with a GPS system so that you can get an exact report of delivery and address if required.
- Safety: When using our services, you’ll get a medical courier with mobile signature options so that your item is always delivered to the right consignee.
If you need support, then we’re always here to help our valuable clients in a variety of ways. At R Courier, we’re committed to a safe environment for our staff, clients, vendors. For now, we are maintaining our regular business hours during the week.
You can get in touch with us through phone, fax or email. Our regular office hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 10:00 pm. You can also reach us on Saturday between 8:30 am and 7:00 pm. Alternatively, you can fill out the form on our contact page with your information and message and we’ll get back to you.