Delivering medical parcels is challenging work. With the third wave upon us, couriers must be wary of getting infected with a more infectious and hence more dangerous variant of the COVID-19 virus. Anyone on the front lines can get seriously ill.
For example, an employee with 18-years of experience in the transit industry tragically lost his life to COVID-19 in Brampton. Earlier, Brampton Transit was shut down on a route that carried workers from an affected Amazon location, though no link has been found between the two outbreaks so far.
Unfortunately, the closure of the Amazon warehouse in Brampton is not an isolated incident. Brave men and women working diligently to transport parcels have been affected:
- In February 2021, a Canada Post worksite was hit by a major virus outbreak.
- In July 2020, Purolator confirmed that a “number of COVID-19 cases” were detected at a facility in Toronto.
At R Courier, we hope and pray that our fearless staff continue to stay safe from COVID-19 and our hearts go out to any frontline workers affected by the pandemic. We minimize risk by offering our team the best gear, training, licensing, and more to protect them, their families, and you, our valuable clients.
Top Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The couriers at R Courier have cutting-edge protective gear designed to keep them and everyone around them safe. Additionally, our couriers are trained to equip the gear properly. For example, a poorly worn mask is dramatically less effective than a correctly worn one.
Another excellent reason to choose R Courier is that our team is trained to maintain a safe physical distance from our clients. Just as a reminder from the government on practicing physical distancing:
- keep a distance of at least two arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others, as much as possible
- avoid crowded places and gatherings
- limit contact with people at higher risk (e.g. older adults and those in poor health)
- wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face
- cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm
- avoid touching surfaces people touch often
- self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever, or difficulty breathing
To stay extra safe, we advise our clients to take the following optional steps:
- Use a face mask or gloves when receiving and opening delivered packages
- Wash your hands with soap immediately after opening the package
- Disinfect packages with a wipe
- Wait for 24 hours to open packages if they’re not urgent
License to Carry Dangerous Goods
Our couriers have Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG) licenses, allowing them to transport all kinds of potentially dangerous goods and not just COVID-19 test samples. Of course, the TDG program is regulated by Transport Canada and develops standards and regulations to provide oversight on the transportation of dangerous goods.
To promote wellbeing and convenience, we offer our clients the ETA board. From the safety of your office or home, you can follow your package closely with GPS technology. Here are some steps to help you use the ETA board:
- Click the ETA Board Login button located at the top of our webpage.
- Use your account number, Web ID, and password to enter your account.
- Click the Register button to register your company if you don’t have an account.
- To register electronically, fill out the form or print a copy of the Fax Registration Form and send it to R Courier at 416.633.7764. Feel free to call our Account Manager at 416.633.8183 for any assistance.
- After logging into the ETA board, you’ll see your courier’s contact details, including their phone number. You can use this information to contact them if there’s an emergency.
- The ETA board uses GPS technology to show you your package’s exact location.
- Use the ETA board to learn when your parcel will be delivered and manage your busy schedule.
- Check your invoices at any time to maintain your records.
When it comes to safety, we make every to keep our medical parcel delivery services secure for the sake of our employees and our clients. If you need to use our services, please call us toll-free at 1.800.823.5223. You can also send us a fax at 416.633.7764 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can easily place an order through our website.