The news about the second wave of COVID-19 appears grim. Provinces across Canada, including Ontario, regularly hit new heights as new cases are reported. According to national modeling released on October 30th, 2020, by the Public Health Agency of Canada, the cases aren’t flattening despite new restrictions.
Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tam and Deputy Public Health Officer Dr. Howard Njoo urge Canadians to limit non-essential gatherings as much as possible. A decrease of 25 percent in the current rate of contacts could put the spread under control.
If there’s a silver lining, it’s that the number of deaths hasn’t climbed as quickly. In the spring, Canada saw an unfortunate wave of fatalities, with 20 to 60 deaths reported a day. By the middle of May, over 2000 people in Ontario had died from COVID-19.
So far, in this second wave, the daily number of deaths has been between one and ten a day.
To do their part in the fight against the second wave of COVID-19 and process samples in laboratories, health care facilities must quickly and safely receive COVD-19 samples for testing. Institutions like Public Health Toronto, Sunnybrook Hospital, and Health Care agencies in Scarborough have taken advantage of the services at R Courier to receive sensitive medical parcels during this pandemic.
Here some of the reasons why you should partner with us during this crucial time:
- We’re experienced, with nearly three decades in the industry
- We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service
- Our approach is tailormade to suit your problems
- We have the highest standards and endeavor to provide quality, reliable, and cost-efficient delivery service
- Our couriers are trained to be highly professional and courteous
- Our couriers follow and COVID-19 precautions and use the best safety gear in order to keep safe and limit the spread of the disease.
- Our couriers are also TDG license-holders and can safely transport dangerous packages that may contain infectious items like COVID-19 test samples.
- Our couriers can also transfer radioactive materials used to treat cancer, heart disease, and bone disorders
Most importantly, we take advantage of technology to make life easier for you. One of our most popular systems is the ETA board — which uses the latest tracking technology to make your life easier.
A first in Canada, this platform allows you to stay on top of your deliveries with the latest information, and it helps you keep us and our staff accountable. At R Courier, we are constantly looking to improve our services because we understand we play a small but meaningful role in this essential industry.
Here is how you can check the ETA board to locate your shipment.
- Use the ETA Board Login button located at the top of our webpage
- Use your account number, Web ID, and password to enter to log into your account
- If you don’t have an account, click the Register button to register your company
- To register electronically, fill out the form or print a copy of the Fax Registration Form, and send it to R Courier at 416.633.7764. For further help, please call our Account Manager at 416.633.8183
After you log into the ETA board, you’ll be greeted with a lot of pertinent information. For example, you’ll see your courier’s contact information, such as name and number. You can use this information to contact your courier in an emergency.
You will also be able to pinpoint their exact GPS location. With this information, you can organize your work and stay on top of your schedule. You’ll also see estimated arrival times to further improve your ability to manage tasks.
Seeing this information will also help you feel secure about a crucial parcel. For example, you could be waiting to receive an item required to commence a life-saving surgery.
Of course, you’ll also be able to read your invoices in order to stay on top of billing concerns. These are just some of the ways our ETA board helps our clients stay safe and organized during the pandemic. Please explore our website to learn more about the facilities we offer.